Sometimes we lose what we love most. Whatever it is—a death, a break-up, a child grows up, a pet is lost, an illness or injury debilitates us, a best friend moves away, a career ends—loss can be devastating in any form. With each major loss, as we struggle to process our grief, the voices in our head can become increasingly loud and cause us to lose hope and self-confidence.
Here are 10 affirmations that can help drown out the ugly voices and put us back on the path towards healing.
- I will keep my heart open, choosing to love and let go anyway
- I will stay with it, and let the fear and pain wash over me without grabbing hold
- I will give myself space to feel without isolating
- I will reach out for support from friends without resorting to gossip or criticism
- I will breathe deeply and put one foot in front of the other
- I will rest, play, have fun, and treat myself well
- I will forgive myself (and others) for everything
- I will redirect my thoughts and be helpful to others when I get lost in my grief
- I will trust that the universe has my back and that I will be OK
- I will move on and feel better over time